Graphic designers create visual concepts, using computer software or by hand, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate consumers. They develop the overall layout and production design for applications such as advertisements, brochures, magazines, and reports.
A graphic designer creates visual concepts to convey information through photos and art.A graphic designer creates posters, bus wraps, billboards, packaging, logos and marketing materials, depending on the industry—graphic designers work at magazines, advertising and marketing agencies, and more.
The Graphic Designer job description includes the entire process of defining requirements, visualizing and creating graphics.
Involving aspects of marketing, art, technology and customer service, graphic design can seem like a complicated concept. To simplify their function, think of graphic designers like visual storytellers.
A good designer’s job is to use imagery to tell a story in a way that supports a brand’s message and evokes emotion.
A designer’s aim should be to fulfill their client’s desire to communicate an idea in a visual way.
Common graphic designer duties-
- Meeting with clients or art directors to define the scope of a project
- Using photo editing software, layout software and digital illustration to create designs
- Selecting colors, images and typefaces to convey a company’s brand and message
- Presenting design concepts to clients or art director
- Applying updates to designs based on stakeholder feedback and opinion
- Examining final designs to ensure there are no errors before printing or publishing
Top technical skills for graphic designers-
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Social media
- Website design
- Project management
- Visual design
- Marketing materials
- Digital design
Top transferable skills for graphic designers:(h2)
- Attention to detail
- Meeting deadlines
- Problem solving
- Time management